Serpents Tail - It's coming back - October 23/24

Discuss past and future events
davebrads

Post by davebrads » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:25 pm

A quick heads up for all you Prem/Div 1 paddlers. The Serpents Tail race is back this year. The best natural course in the country. We are aiming to have a thoroughly modern technical course starting about 100m above the tail section, and finishing about 100m below it.

Carlr

Post by Carlr » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:28 am

Well done on getting Serpent Tail back on, has been a few years since i raced there and GB team training weekends back in the day!!

JamesH

Post by JamesH » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:43 pm

I'll cheer when div 2 races are being held there again!

James

davebrads

Post by davebrads » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:54 pm

It's not going to happen anytime soon. The last time we ran an event there, I think we had about 20 entries before the race, as there weren't enough div 2s who thought themselves ready to race there. I don't think div 2 has changed that much in the intervening time. Of course the answer may be found in the thread on slalom structure, but I'm staying out of that one.

JamesH

Post by JamesH » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:54 pm

No, they weren't particularly well attended as I remember. However, I always found it odd that they weren't run as Div 1/2s. That would have increased attendance dramatically, with the Div 1s running Serpents on Saturday and moving on to Town Falls on Sunday.

I've always believed that technically Serpents Tail is a harder bit of water to slalom than Town Falls, which is a bit of a one hit wonder.

davebrads

Post by davebrads » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:14 am

jsrevell

Post by jsrevell » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:24 am

Our first trip to Serpent's Tail. Challenging course, well organised, thanks to the organisers for an enjoyable weeekend. More of the same please. :)

davebrads

Post by davebrads » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:07 pm

A cagdeck was found on the Abbey Farm campsite. Give me a description and we can work out a way to get it back to you.

Fup Duck

Post by Fup Duck » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:28 pm

Dave

From the website

The Park at Abbey Farm is located near Llangollen, North Wales, at the foot of the famous Horseshoe Pass, surrounded by high hills and mountains, bordered by rippling streams and the ancient ruins of Valle Crusis Abbey as a centrepoint. The fast running River Dee is five minutes walk , and also the canal where you will see horse drawn boats. Abbey Farm Caravan Park, has a 12 month licence for static caravans, park homes and lodges, ideal for holidays, a second family home, or a retirement base. We have sites available overlooking the stream which runs through our site. Ty Canol Caravan Park is open for 51 weeks of the year and we have sited some of the most desirable static caravans and twin leisure park homes in this lovely quiet and private site. Situated in a quarry surrounded by the softest green trees and plants with a tranquil pond filled with fish and wildlife. This site is well worth a visit to comprehend the peace and tranquility it holds.
There is a laundry on site. We have new sites available for park homes, but we do not have tourers or camping on this site.

I obviously wasn't there so the deck ain't mine though.