Pre Christmas Winter Slalom - Peterborough Jewel of the East AGAIN

Discuss past and future events
Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:37 pm

Yes folks it's that time Again. After the blatent self publicity at the Oscars, and response elsewhere there may be some of you missing the fact that the Eatern region Winter Slaloms start again on November 21st. Even Daniel Molmenti has heard how good it is!

As usual a friendly event, with a course that anyone can compete on, but with some wrinkles for the more experienced.
Prizes in divisions and age groups, both permanent AND edible. Registration from about 9, kick off 11:30 or as soon as we have all recorded in the computer.

If you want to help, then course erection from 10:30 on Saturday 20th, all help welcome. :D

Usual slalom rules, with the added if you fall in accidently, you can have a free hot drink.

Be there or miss out on the best November event in the country.
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Dee

Post by Dee » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:37 pm

F did try and organise a group from Uni, but none of those interested have transport and trains not running Sunday a.m. :(
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:35 pm

Course is up, and has been paddled, prize cakes have been made, all we need now is entires.

Are you going to be there, or are you going to be square? :D
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:43 pm

Well done guys. Another good day out and the snow held off!!!

Yummy cakes as per usual...:p

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:26 pm

So All the same faces, and some more for 12th December then?? :D

Can YOU win the 'Clever Captures' fishcake? So far two small people with BIG smiles have gone home with the fish.

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:59 pm

I pit it to you that the first one never made it home, it was scoffed in the car park !!!

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:28 pm

SO just two weeks to go, and I managed several hours at the ACM without blatent publicity..... See you all there

James Prowse

Post by James Prowse » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:17 pm

Munchkin wrote:I pit it to you that the first one never made it home, it was scoffed in the car park !!!
It was just that nice.

GreenPeter

Post by GreenPeter » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:01 pm

Winter Slalom number 2 coming up.
The weather forecast says 7 degrees here by Friday, so its bound to be shorty cag weather by Sunday. :)

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:05 pm

If it helps it is around 36 degrees where I will be on Sunday...? Sorry I can't make it (I think it will be the first one I have missed in years) but have a fab time :)

P.S. To anyone who is thinking of going, go for it, especially if you are a P/1 C1W as Kate needs to earn her cake this time :D

GreenPeter

Post by GreenPeter » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:33 pm

Thanks to all those who travelled from afar and braved the cold, perhaps next year we could look at combining the event with a guiness world record attempt for the most people huddled around one calour gas heater. :)

Dee

Post by Dee » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:14 am

Great event as usual. And, of course, great cakes! I've been rationing the cakes at home so we still have a couple left. :)
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!