SIMON FLETCHER MEMORIAL RACE/PADDLE

Discuss past and future events
Nicky

Post by Nicky » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:03 am

On 25th April Tees Tigers will be holding a memorial paddle/race in memory of Simon Fletcher. As I’m sure most will remember Simon was killed in a tragic accident when training at Grantully on the river Tay.

The format of the day will be a race/paddle (approximately 3km starting at 12:00 (midday) and then a BBQ. The race/paddle will be an open format (with handicaps by boat type) so come and paddle what ever you like.

The race winner will be awarded the ‘Simon Fletcher Memorial Cup’ which we plan to have engraved with the winners name each year (the plan is for this to become an annual event)

The event will be held at:
River Tees Watersports Centre
The Slipway
Stockton-on-Tees
TS18 2NE

There will be a small entry fee for the event of £5 but the proceeds will be donated to Tayside Rescue who worked so hard to try and rescue Simon.

Please email entries and interest in this event to [email]Teestigers@hotmail.co.uk.[/email]

Your attendance would be much appreciated for the first running of this event.

Best Regards,

Tees Tigers

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:16 pm

Sounds like a lovely idea Nicky, hope it goes well.

Unfortunately I will still be in a cast then so can't join in but I would love to see photos afterwards if you have any.

Good luck.

Fup Duck

Post by Fup Duck » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:17 pm

Cast. what cast?

Is it the cast of a musical version of Buffy?

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:20 pm

Rock opera.
When you swim over one of the drops at Lee Valley and meet an obstacle square on with your foot you end up with broken leg, multiple hospitle visits and a leg in a cast.
Can you imagine what Munchkin will be like after 6 - 8 weeks without getting in a boat? Poor Andy :D
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Fup Duck

Post by Fup Duck » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:39 am

Ouch on both counts

Nicky

Post by Nicky » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:47 pm

not long now!

The race is on Monday and you can paddle any boat, by the sounds of things, we're gonna have a right concoction of boats!

the race starts at midday, so make sure you all get there with plenty of time to get sorted before the off! And don't forget to bring a few pennies for the BBQ

See you all there

Nicky