Abbey Rapids 2/3/4sc Double - Blatant Plug

Discuss past and future events
oldschool

Post by oldschool » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:55 am

Ok folks only 3 weeks till the best 2/3/4 in the north is back!

Just so everyone knows we WILL NOT be racing over the falls at this event. There is currently a bit more water in the river than for the div 1/2 so it should be another cracking event!

We will also be running a team event on saturday evening so get yourselves together with your freinds and stick an entry in for that as well (£2 per boat)! 3 in a team for those of you who are new to teams, but if you can't get a full team let us know and well sort you one out, no problem!

Camping will be on the usual field along with parking. Camping will be charged at the very reasonable £5 per vehicle per night, and parking will be £2 a day.

Entries are starting to flow in, so get yours in before the 16th to avoid those pesky late fees!

We will try to get a provisional start list up online nearer the race.

See you all in less than 3 weeks!

(If anyone wants anymore info my email is on the main page)

JamesH

Post by JamesH » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:31 pm

Hi Old School,

Any sign of a start list for this event yet, or at least some general information?

James

oldschool

Post by oldschool » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:11 am

Hi all,

Sent the info to Nick this morning so that will be on before too long.

We have the river, the field, the loos and we will even have enough water this time! but the one thing we lack is on time entries! I know loads of people are coming for the race but at the mo its not worth putting the start list up as it will hopefully change dramatically.

1st runs start at 10 both days.

See you all there!

Cheers

Tonksie

oldandslow

Post by oldandslow » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:31 pm

What a brilliant spot. I loved this event. If you weren't there, you missed out - especially those of you who like me to beat you!

Thanks to Tonksie and team Tigers for superb organisation. I will definately be back.
Life is what happens when you're making other plans.

oldschool

Post by oldschool » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:33 am

Thanks for coming to our event!

A photographer was there over the weekend and took a few snaps

http://www.johnbrownphotography.co.uk/sport.html

see you all at Middleton in a few weeks!

oldschool

Post by oldschool » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:01 pm

It seems I have forgotten to plug the event via the forum this year so here goes!

See you all at the weekend for another Grrrreat Tiger event!

We will be having the now customary team event on the saturday evening for all those who fancy it.

Cheers

Tonksie

(ps if your entries aren't in the post by tomorrow bring them with you on the day!)

oldschool

Post by oldschool » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:02 pm

Thanks to all who came.

Hope to see you in a few weeks for the 1/2

Neil H

Post by Neil H » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:25 pm

Sun shone, Nice place. Would come back.

Questions,

Who let that solitary sheep into the camping field at 6.30 a.m.

I heard the tearoom was closed all weekend so didn't bother going up. Was it closed? If so you might as well have catering if they can't sort there act out

Any news on the injured bloke?

oldschool

Post by oldschool » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:34 pm

Yes we had good weather for once!!

The sheep had nothing to do with us!

We only found out on Friday evening that the tea room had closed down, so doubtless we will have refreshments for the div 1/2 the first weekend in september! (blatant plug!!)

With regard to the injured gentleman i believe he is in a comfortable condition in hospital.

I would like to pass on the thanks from the ambulance service to anyone who helped in his recovery to the ambulance. Without the help of so many getting him to hospital would have taken the emergency services a lot longer.

I know all the Tigers wish him a speedy recovery.

Thanks again for coming.

Tonksie

Neil H

Post by Neil H » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:55 pm

oldschool wrote:The sheep had nothing to do with us!

We only found out on Friday evening that the tea room had closed down, so doubtless we will have refreshments for the div 1/2 the first weekend in september! (blatant plug!!)
I probably shouldn't be saying this as a vegetarian but I think coincidence has provided and opportunity for you to sort out the sheep/catering conundrum.

The idea stems from the fact that a lot of people who were woken up by that wooly alarm clock would gladly see it on a plate. Lend to that that the sheep is of the genus Ovis and it would seem fate to serve it up in a brown bread sandwich..................Hovis Ovis!

katonas

Post by katonas » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:52 pm

A huge thankyou to everyone who helped my dad/mum/myself on sunday. We were overwhelmed by everyone's kindness and help. He's doing well despite more injuries than we suspected at first.

katonas

Post by katonas » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:35 am

Falling dad update : he's back home doing well, relieved to be free of hospital food.

Was one of the top 4 paddlers in the Div 2 K1M race on saturday removed from the finish list as my points changed on the summary list from 840 (5th place) to 875? I only ask because I scored 976 at Nene today and would miss out on promotion by 1 point if the 840 was correct. Not sure if I should risk posting my bib off.

jim croft

Post by jim croft » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:30 am

The Points for Abbey Rapids were wrong the Division 2 Ranking compiler reworked them and your points were Saturday 875 and Sunday 760.
Hope that helps
Jim

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:06 am

Congrats Steve, Off to play at Div 1 then!! :D
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

katonas

Post by katonas » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:01 pm

Thanks Jim I can post off my bib with glee. Yep CP looking forward to a few races in div1 without fear of relegation for a few months at least. Look out div1 here comes the 50 blunder wizard, back to help everyone else get more points. Its a nice excuse to revisit Abbey rapids again - such a beautiful place to camp/ spend a weekend making it worth the long journey, and help out with a bit of judging on Sat.