Tees Pan Celtic - Advice to England team members

Discuss past and future events
Mark Shaw

Post by Mark Shaw » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:49 pm

The England team will be made up of those Prem paddlers who appear on the start list, taken in selection order from the team list published at the start of the season, together with those Div 1 paddlers who have sent an entry card in to the organiser. England will pay the entry fee to the Pan Celtic for the Div 1 paddlers.

If you need clarification of the above or wish to inform the team manager in advance that you won't be able to race at Tees on 8th October then please contact Mark Shaw using the details provided in the Year Book.
The above is the personal opinion of Mark Shaw and does not reflect the views of either the BCU or England Slalom Committees.

sbm

Post by sbm » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:54 pm

Just a point to note. After I think 2 years (from memory) of waiting for the new improved slalom site to re-open; the adjacent campsite has decided it will refuse TENT camping the week before the event. ie, they close the park season for tents the w/e before.

I just can't believe the sort-sightedness of this move on the site's behalf and it's enormously inconvenient. That's not to mention that given the travel costs down from Scotland for a single ranking race, I hadn't planned on paying for 2 nights accommodation (ooops I said I wouldn't mention that).

Did the organisors talk with the Campsite at all? Today I did discuss it with a man at the site by phone but they weren't for changing their mind !

Ridiculous.

Nicky

Post by Nicky » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:55 pm

Try the camp site at the londonderry arms about 9 miles away in longnewton contact sara_vodka@yahoo.com

Nicky

bankside

Post by bankside » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:13 am

The Caravan Club run that site and the wardens have no control over opening and closing dates. You can contact their head office to suggest a change.

jim croft

Post by jim croft » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:09 am

The Caravan Club's booking office is 01342 327490.
Jim