Serpents Tail

Discuss past and future events
davebrads

Serpents Tail

Post by davebrads » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:58 pm

A very provisional start list
We have to keep the event finish time reasonably early to allow us to take down the course in daylight, so if we get many more entries we will be starting earlier.

If you have sent in an entry and you aren't on the start list it may be because you haven't included a cheque with your entry. There is still time to correct this if you are quick or else I will be charging late entry. I will not accept your entry without payment. I don't intend to be taking any entries on the day, so if you are planning to come along please send in your entry.

We are short of judges at present, though there is still time. If we find ourselves short of judges on the day competitors may have to do some judging, in which case we will select those whose entries were received last.

davebrads

Re: Serpents Tail

Post by davebrads » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:32 pm

The start list has been updated. I will take more entries, but only if they are received (with payment) by next Wednesday. I do not intend to take any entries on the day - I will have plenty of other things to do.

davebrads

Post by davebrads » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:49 pm

A heads up from the UK Rivers Guidebook forum

Nicky

Post by Nicky » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:08 pm

thanks for a great race and a great weekend. Water levels were fantastic and was great to see so many paddlers testing themselves on a brilliant piece of river.

Looking forward to next year already!

Nicky

Neil H

Post by Neil H » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:02 pm

Twas good.

Well done to anyone who stopped above the drop at any point and then plucked up the courage to do it before the end of the weekend.

GreenPeter

Post by GreenPeter » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:10 pm

Thanks Manchester and all the usual helpers (section judges doing King Canute impressions sat or stood on rocky outcrops surrounded by water) an excellent event.

Dave can you please pre book the same river conditions for next year. :D