New Ranking Database

Discuss past and future events
PeterC

Re: New Ranking Database

Post by PeterC » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:48 pm

Hi Duncan, great effort. We have discovered a 'bug' in the Timing system software. It cannot cope with the same paddler paddling in the same class. This can only happen in C2 but we now have one paddler in Prem / Div 1 who is ranked twice with two different partners. We have to alter the spelling of the name so that it is not the same twice. I can see this might cause problems for you! Bibs 19 & 23.

djberriman

Post by djberriman » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:27 am

Doesn't cause an issue for the ranking system as we work on bib numbers, the name is only used for a visual check if it does not match which the data loader visually checks when prompted, must admit I thought it was odd but just assumed it was a type/admin error.

The ranking database results show the 'incorrect' name crossed out and the 'real' name underneath it for clarity so any errors caused by this are obvious.

Jerry Tracey

Post by Jerry Tracey » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:53 pm

This is a great initiative - Many Thanks!
One minor glitch to draw your attention to - the system does not seem to have picked up David W's Veteran points from the Tully Div.1.
Rock on.
Jerry.

djberriman

Post by djberriman » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:59 pm

Sorted - file was not in the correct format. A quick edit and it loaded and updated correctly.

Vets results cause issues as they run in 'one' class and not everyone gives the extra detail required in the CLS column yet (we've only just 'agreed' it).

That said I should have noticed and fixed up the file before loading it so thanks for pointing it out.

davieq

Post by davieq » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:27 pm

On the same Veterans note my result from Tully last Saturday is not showing ( Div 2 men K1) Saying that it wasn't a particularly good result :cry:

321go

Post by 321go » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:34 pm

Duncan,

Can you look at the C1 M Div 3 results from Aberfeldy 1st April as bib 150 should actually be bib 52 which he was wearing on the 2nd April

Thanks

Phil

djberriman

Post by djberriman » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:42 pm

davieq - sorted

PS. anyone asking for a 'fix' please include division, name and bib as its not always obvious who you are, and explain what the issue is saving me having to guess/hunt around.

Thanks
:)
Duncan
Last edited by djberriman on Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

djberriman

Post by djberriman » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:54 pm

Updated Daniel Bate's result as requested.

To all paddlers, please ensure your bib no is correct on the results, if your bib no is not known then ensure your name is spelt as per the ranking list on Nick's site or as per on your bib application for new bibs so we have a fighting chance of getting things tied up automatically. This should ensure that all results are correctly assigned to you.

:)

Thanks
Duncan

andy n

Post by andy n » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:39 pm

New databases are great and now a club league as well. Noticed that Lizzie Neave, Prem K1W Bib 4, and James Bailey, Prem K1M Bib 4 are missing from the Stafford and Stone list. Cheers

djberriman

Post by djberriman » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:46 pm

I'll sort that in next day or two, FYI the reason for that is one is SSCC and the other is Stafford and Stone rather than Stafford and Stone CC, my program only does so much automatically but I'll tweak their records manually.

Enjoy!
Duncan

boatmum

Post by boatmum » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:45 am

Hi

Just a thank you for the work on the databases and really well done - know it takes a lot of input to get this up and running

Many thanks!

alan1nckc

Post by alan1nckc » Wed May 01, 2013 11:20 am

I'd like to produce results from our software that can be imported. Is the format defined somewhere?

Alan (Northampton C&KC)

djberriman

Post by djberriman » Wed May 01, 2013 12:49 pm

You can use simply slalom or produce your own results as Matlock did last weekend.

http://www.canoeslalom.co.uk/info/04041 ... upload.pdf

Duncan

djberriman

Post by djberriman » Fri May 03, 2013 4:27 pm

A few more things have been added to individual paddler pages (click on a paddlers name).

For each run there is now a P% (performance percentage/stat percentage/performance standard or whatever you call it). This the % of your total for the run compared to the best total of the best K1M in your division at the race. A slight issue here is P/1 and 2/3 classes, in such cases it is compared to the higher division if it exists, otherwise the lower division.

There is also a behind column, this is the difference between your best total and the winners best total in your division/class and the B% that figure expressed as a percentage.

Hope they are correct and the figures help those who use them!

Duncan