Howsham slalom race 2013

Discuss past and future events
Happychappy

Howsham slalom race 2013

Post by Happychappy » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:51 am

Preparation has already started in getting the site ready for the 13th &14th July. We can confirm that the site will be open from Friday afternoon with food available from Friday tea time for those arriving. The menu will include chili and rice, pasta bowls hot and cold with choice of sauce (bolognese, vegetable) BBQ chicken kebabs & burgers to name but a few.

Short preview video of the site and water on YouTube http://youtu.be/xc7-c0M_rTY

Get those cards in as this one gets very full very fast (190 paddlers) 2 years ago.

Looking forward to welcoming you all to Howsham 2013 :D

djberriman

Re: Howsham slalom race 2013

Post by djberriman » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:33 pm

Entries are coming in thick and fast. Please send in your entry as soon as possible to makes things easier for all at the weekend.

A few things to note.

Please do not site below the weir during ANY practice, this blocks the gates below the weir. During unofficial practice you may walk back up the weir side if it is safe to do so for another go at the gates below the weir. During official practice it is full runs only, you must do the gates in the correct sequence and only one passage per gate is allowed as per the rule book.

There will be a safety line below finish. You should stay between finish and the safety line until at least the next 2 paddlers have finished. Anyone not doing safety is very likely to be disqualified.

I've tried to organise the start list so you should be able to do your canadian runs at the correct time. You should also be able to do your K1 run within the time slot allocated for the class. Hopefully this will work and make for a smoother event for all concerned and less hanging about for the poor guys and gals who kneel down! Obviously we will do out best to slot you in if you have an issue.

It should be a great event, with lots of nice food available all weekend, the yorkshire olympics, topo duos etc. I'm not sure how we will fit it all in!

Duncan

djberriman

Post by djberriman » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:01 pm

Yes, it's this weekend!

If you have not got an entry in yet, don't worry you can enter on Friday when you arrive (or very early sat/sun morning). There is plenty of camping and lots of fun to be had.

There is a very provisional start list on the web site. It is just to give you a rough idea of timings. If you have only entered for Sunday you won't appear as we won't release the Sunday start list until Saturday night but it will be similar.

If you have sent an entry but have not paid you need to report as soon as you arrive and we will then put your entry on the system.

Look out for the yellow KKC flags in the camp site when you arrive where the we will be waiting for your late entries, amendments and money you owe.

Looking forward to seeing you all and a great event.

davebrads

Post by davebrads » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:09 am

Thanks Duncan and everybody from Kingston and Lower Wharfe who put on a great event, especially the Yorkshire Olympics on Saturday night!

Scott

Post by Scott » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:12 pm

I accidentally took a paddle back from this event that wasn't mine (I thought it was another club members, but it turns out I was wrong)

Its a right handed Double Dutch - If you're missing one, reply to this thread and I'll sort something out to get it back to you

Scott Rudkin, Kingston

djberriman

Post by djberriman » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:21 pm

Not so fast! I am a Double Dutch paddle down, but the one Scott has is not mine, so all paddlers who use Double Dutch please check you have your paddle as it appears we have traded paddles and I can confirm I have come off best.

I'll be at Washburn this weekend.

IanL

Post by IanL » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:40 pm

What a great weekend. Thanks to all at Lower Wharfe and Kingston for putting on such an enjoyable event. Saturday evening sports were great fun and enjoyed by all age groups. Definitely one to put in the diary for next year.

Happychappy

Post by Happychappy » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:13 pm

Great to hear that people enjoyed the event. The "R&D team are already planning the evening entertainment for next year... Video of the event is currently underway with plenty of "embarrassing moments" included :-)