Stafford & Stone Mini Slalom Winter Series

Discuss past and future events
andy n

Re: Stafford & Stone Mini Slalom Winter Series

Post by andy n » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:35 pm

What a great day with the record entry at Mini 1 smashed today - 187 entries for a slalom on 2nd February!
Thanks to all paddlers for support today and congratulations to Steve, Pete and John for a good course, great organisation and finishing in daylight!

Dee

Post by Dee » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:32 pm

harratts wrote: ...
2nd Stone mini slalom GOES AHEAD :D
Steve

No gloating, please. :lol:

Glad you had a good day
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

harratts

Post by harratts » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:22 am

Hi Dee,

Sorry if it sounded like I was gloating. :oops:

I was trying to be communicative, especially to those people who faced a long journey and were perhaps wondering if the event was going to be on or off.

See you on the 22nd Feb.
Steve

harratts

Post by harratts » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:32 am

Sorry again Dee

I meant see you on the 22nd March.
Steve

harratts

Post by harratts » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:38 am

Hello again everyone.

Many thanks to all of you who have made the 1st and 2nd S&SCC Mini Slalom events so well attended. I hope that those of you who paddled well have enjoyed drinking from your S&SCC Mug of success.

For those of you who have entered both races but have not yet won a S&SCC Mug then all you need to do to win one is to take part in the 3rd and final event happening on the 16th February.

This event is also a National Division 4 ranking race so promotion to Division 3 is possible should you paddle well enough.

The three race series will end with a top 10 paddler race off to determine the overall S&SCC Mini Slalom Champion for 2014.

Come along and be part of it.
Steve

harratts

Post by harratts » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:16 pm

Hi all,

I have received several e-mails regarding the 3rd & final Mini Slalom event S&SCC are runninhg this coming Sunday so I thought it wise to post something public on this forum.

Although the river is running higher than usual we are very optimistic that the event will be going ahead as planned.

I will post again here and on our club website if this situation changes.

See you all Sunday.
Steve

harratts

Post by harratts » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:30 am

Hi

Just to confirm that the 3rd S&SCC Mini Slalom event planned for today will be going ahead.

A dry and sunny day has been forecast and the river level should be ideal for the course that has been set.

Come and check it out.
Steve

Hydrasports

Post by Hydrasports » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:18 pm

Thanks Steve for organising a great Mini slalom series. Even with all the training camps on this weekend, it was good to see over 100 entries today.
Well done to all the div 4 paddlers who competed today. The water level was quite high but it was great to see so many new paddlers on the water :D
Sales@hydrasports.co.uk
www.hydrasports.co.uk
Twitter @hydrasportsuk
Facebook.com/hydrasportsuk

Seedy Paddler

Post by Seedy Paddler » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:10 pm

To Hydrasports and Stone CC - Thanks for a great couple of days. Unfortunately our plans to get some HPP experience in failed to materialise with a flooded course but a trip to Stone allowed some boat demo time and a fine wee race. Enjoyed the experience but doubt if we will become regulars - maybe if events and plans conspire we will certainly keep it in mind though...

CD