Washburn Div 2 & Open (5&6 April)

Discuss past and future events
lesf

Washburn Div 2 & Open (5&6 April)

Post by lesf » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:31 am

There's only seven weeks to go to the Washburn Div 2 race.

Thanks to the keen people that have already sent me their entries - to everyone else, you should have your yearbooks now, so get your entry cards in.

Event information will be available on the website shortly.

For those doing thinking of doing the Open, this is a separate event each day and entry fees are £8.50 double or £6.00 single.

Also if you are emailing me please use lesford@ntlworld.com the 'l' seems to have gone missing from the entry in the yearbook.

Thanks

Les

lesf

Re: Washburn Div 2 & Open (5&6 April)

Post by lesf » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:22 pm

Hi All

I'm aiming to get a provisional start list done for Friday (28th March), but still have plenty of spaces for entries, so get them in asap please.

If anyone is entering the Open, please note the entry fees are £6.00 single or £8.50 double (as on page 106 in the yearbook). Or you can enter as a judge for free - we still need lots of judges.

Thanks

Les

lesf

Post by lesf » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:15 pm

Could the following people please contact me to clarify their entries as there is no email address on your cards:

Linda Allin - open or judge entry?

Louis Footit - which day is your C1 entry for?

Email me please on lesford@ntlworld.com

Thanks

Les

IDL

Post by IDL » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:23 am

I see the release on 30th March has been cancelled. Are we still OK for the slalom?

BaldockBabe

Post by BaldockBabe » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:51 am

lesf wrote:Could the following people please contact me to clarify their entries as there is no email address on your cards:

Linda Allin - open or judge entry?

Louis Footit - which day is your C1 entry for?

Email me please on lesford@ntlworld.com

Thanks

Les
Hi Les, Have passed on your message to both of them...

lesf

Post by lesf » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:03 pm

Thanks Michelle, one query sorted already.

Les
Last edited by lesf on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lesf

Post by lesf » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:36 pm

IDL wrote:I see the release on 30th March has been cancelled. Are we still OK for the slalom?
Hi, the short answer is yes we are ok for the slalom.

The longer answer is . . .

Yes that is correct this weekend's release (30th March) at the Washburn has been cancelled. The problem is too much water, as due to planned engineering works on one of the lower reservoirs, there isn't capacity in the lower reservoirs for the water from the 3 planned releases over the next week to be retained in the lower reservoirs in the system.(Even though a drought seems unlikely at the moment, Yorkshire Water need to retain the water in the system).

This weekend's release has been cancelled to ensure that the slalom can run, which is important as we have lost the summer div 2 event due to it being just before the Tour De France Grand Depart. Not running this weekend's release should allow levels in the lower reservoirs to be drawn down so that there is capacity lower down for the water released over the slalom weekend.

But, it is likely that we will have a shorter water release each day than we usually have for a slalom event (probably 8 hours a day when we had 11 hours scheduled). As this is a div 2 we should be ok fitting everyone in, but free practice time will be more limited and if necessary we may have to chop down to 45sec start intervals. (If you can all paddle a bit faster that may help :lol: ).

As I've said above I'll be sorting a start list out on Friday, when I should also have confirmation about the length of water release we will have and can adjust timings to suit. Obviously with reduced water time it would be a massive help if anyone who hasn't entered can do so ASAP and not rely on entering on the day.

Hope that makes sense, I'll update again when I've sorted the start list

Les

stevepearson

Post by stevepearson » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:55 pm

HI Les,

Is the water likely to be on for course set up on Friday evening? will there be an opportunity for free practice?

Thanks
Steve

lesf

Post by lesf » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:48 pm

Hi Steve,

No the water will only be on for Saturday and Sunday, that's all we ever have for Washburn races.

Les

Hydrasports

Post by Hydrasports » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:28 pm

Hydra Sports will be at Washburn this weekend with a selection o demo boats and the trade stand with some great new kit and some bargains!

See you there
Sales@hydrasports.co.uk
www.hydrasports.co.uk
Twitter @hydrasportsuk
Facebook.com/hydrasportsuk

lesf

Post by lesf » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:30 pm

Hi all

An updated start list will be available first thing Saturday at the Washburn reflect additional entries received this week, so please make sure you take a look. A key change is I have brought the start of second runs forward slightly.

Water is on at 8am, but it will take 30 mins to settle and for us to tweak the course.
official practice starts at 8:45

Please be at start on time ready for you run - as posted previously we have limited water time so if there are any delays it will be tight - I'm one of the last down the river, so if don't get a second run I'll not be happy!

I do have limited space for a few more entries / judges available on the day. I will up at the Washburn all day tomorrow and out of phone/ email contact so if you haven't already contacted me about entries, it will have to be on the day (or find me on site Friday).

On the catering front, our fab catering team will be open for business early as usually with a fab range of hot butties and pasta at lunchtime. Plus there's over 10 square feet of cake in our kitchen ready to ship to the Washburn.

Looking forward to a busy weekend!

Les