Grandtully Division 1/2 and Pan Celtic

Discuss past and future events
Chris Baillie

Grandtully Division 1/2 and Pan Celtic

Post by Chris Baillie » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:22 am

Are you thinking of entering the Grandtully div 1/2? Thanks to those who have already sent entries.

You will see I am the person accepting entries but unfortunately I am away from home for most of March with only the odd days back in Aberdeen so it would be really helpful if I could get entries before I leave for Grandtully on Friday this week 28th February. I will not be banking cheques until the event.

Thanks

Chris

Chris Baillie

Re: Grandtully Division 1/2 and Pan Celtic

Post by Chris Baillie » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:40 pm

I leave home for Grandtully tomorrow morning. I am away for most of March and only home for a couple of days between each race due to other committments.

I will be at the following events for the dates shown and I am happy to accept entries, in an envelope please, at these events:

Grandtully Premier 28th feb to 10th March Race days bankside with TV crew, otherwise try the control hut

Nottingham Premier 15th March

Lee Valley selection 27-30th March

If you cannot find me, Katie Brown, CRCATS will also be at these events and will accept the entries and pass them on.

Many thanks
Chris

Chris Baillie

Post by Chris Baillie » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:52 am

Thanks to those who have got their entries in.

I am still away from home following the Lee Valley selection races so cannot answer queries as to whether postal entries have arrived in the last week.

Any entries arriving after Saturday 5th April will be charged late entry fees. I will not be accepting any entries after Thurdsday 10th April or sooner if the numerical limit is reached.

! will post a list of entries received on Saturday 5th April.

Chris

Chris Baillie

Post by Chris Baillie » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:14 pm

Grandtully 1/2
The numerical limit for the Grandtully div 1/2 slalom has been reached. Below are listed all the entries I have received up to and including today. In addition to these names there are entries to be added for the Pan Celtic race from the Home nations on Sunday which include paddlers other than div 1 and div 2 .

Any that arrive from now on I will keep in order of receipt and retain as a waiting list. If you are listed but will not be racing please let me know so that your place can be offered to paddlers from the waiting list.

Your name may appear more than once if you are racing in more than one class.
If your name is not on the list and you believe it should be please e mail me details about it and I will double check my lists.

Many thanks

Chris (chrisbaillie62@gmail.com)

Zak Prince
Zak Prince
Ben Haylett
Haylett/ Reilly McQueen
Toni Boyd
Ben Moss
Holly Tyler
Finn Reilly-McQueen
Madelaine Jennings
Evie Watson
Evie Watson
Connor Bailey
Sam Maingay
Sam Maingay
Andrew Douglas
Craig Douglas
Jacob Holmes
William Kirk
Angus Gibson
Hana Oliphant
Hana Oliphant
Piers Oliphant
Piers Oliphant
Kate Kent
Kate Kent
Daniel Bradley
Izzy Fry
Daisy Pound
Stuart Marshall
Grace Revell
Laura Milne
Duncan Edwards
Mairi Edwards
Andrew Crowhurst
Zach Pearson
Zach Pearson
Esme Durrant
Callum MacEachen
Katie Bainbridge
Sean Waine
Evie Fletcher
Andrew Lamond
Ian Hosie
Dan Hosie
Ben Hosie
Dougal McPetrie
Olivia Hooper
Findlay Dougall
les Ford
Aiden McAleenan
Waters/McAleenan
Rob Callingham
Mhairi Callingham
Isla Kelly
Ben Kelly
Rachel Houston
Houston/Brown
Sally Atkinson
Pete Atkinson
George Harratt
Stephen Harratt
Robert Harratt
Robert Harratt
Harratt/Smith
Anan Wang
Anan Wang
Ryan Cross
Vittorio Pezzaioli
Jasmine Rand
Patrick Marriott
Breagh Macpherson
David Quinn
Jerry Tracy
Jake Potts
Dave Potts
George Cooper
Raoul Chappell
Etienne Chappell
Lili Bryant
Sioned Bryant
Layton Palmer
Sam Bryant
Finlay Yates-Jones
Ifan Bryant
Rachel Brown
David Attenborough
Ellie Owens
Matthew Owens
Emily Davies
Catherine Roberts
Non Dingle
Peter Linksted
Peter Linksted
Alison Setchell
Nikita Setchell
Martyn Setchell
Jacob taylor
Jessica taylor
Will Taylor
Alfie Phillips
Ben Teasdale
Michael Owen
Duncan Berriman
Holmes/McDiarmid
Aaron Holmes
Josh Jackson

Elliot Davidson
Noel Hendrick
Robert Hendrick
Hendrick/Hendrick
Victoria Murray
Emma Murray
Daniel Bate
Megan Bate
Megan Bate
Jonathan Atkinson
Michael Dow
Peter lake
Michael Errington
Michael Errington
Pretam Gurung
Richard Dutton
Robert Marsden
Jack Bagshaw
Jonathan Edwards
Thomas Newman
Ewan Vernon
Morna Campbell
Morna Campbell
Karen Dickenson
Edward Dickenson
Mike Dickenson
John Dickenson
Maeve Woodhouse
Maeve Woodhouse
Jacob Barrett
Ethan Barrett
Jacob barrett
Richard Stalker
Jonny Dickson
Ewan Campbell
Abigail Wright
Amy Howarth
Amy Howarth
Mark Cast
Sally Cresswell Cast
Natasha Pottinger
Jane Gibson
Gary Gibson
Stewart Pitt
Victoria Murray
Jasmine Lumsden
Ben Nicol
Elliot Goddard
Ryan O Shea-Pert
Tracy Wells
Phil Gooding
Henry Burke
Carys Grey-Thompson
Sam Hotchin
Antony Barker
Isaac Barker
Jon Haycock
Sally Fairbrass
Mark Fairbrass
Kirsteen Eatock
Alistair McCreery
Patrick Creber
Jake Cochrane
Beth Thompson
Zoe Thompson
Anna-Louise Glendenning
Anna-Louise Glendenning
Artyom Palvelev
Sam Moss
Bethan Palmer
Lois Leaver
Eddie McDiarmid
Matt McDiarmid
Emily Cameron
Alex Jones
Sophie Ogilvie
Sophie Ogilvie
Rebecca Ogilvie
Bethany Gibbens
Kathryn Gibbens
Jake Sheffield
Andy Laird
Connor Turner
Erin Turner
Calum Hay
Angus Hulbert
Jeremy Rix
Caspian Rix
Matthew Cooke
David Cooke
Jaden Cooney
Elliot Goddard
Crispin Agar
Jenny Hammond
Molly Agar
Agar/Agar
Steve Agar
Molly Agar
Jonny Young
Ben Nicol
Euan Clow
Jay Anderson
Grace Scaplehorn
Huw Butterworth
Non Dingle
Lyndon Johnson
Steven Menzies
Carl Sunderland
Paul Sunderland
Paul Sunderland
Callum Gelver
Brettini Kelly
Eognam Kelly
Bethan Kelly
Fraser Glasgow
Ailsa Gourlay
Holly Robertson
Patrick Doherty
Tim Meyrick
Daisy Cooil
Jade Hollick
David Jones
Mitchell Plether

Chris Baillie

Post by Chris Baillie » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:40 pm

I am delighted so many people wish to come to our race however I am sorry but we simply have to limit the number of paddlers to the number of boats we can get down the river in a day.

I am continuing to receive entries by post and e mails.

I will do what I said in the last post , add incoming entries to a waiting list and if there is space take paddlers off the top of the list.

I am sorry if you have booked flights, accommodation , planned a family holiday around this event but I have been receiving entries since the beginning of January and happy to do so.

If you did not put an e mail address on your entry and your name is not on the list I published last night, please send me your e mail address so I can let you know your entry is on the waiting list.

Chris

Chris Baillie

Post by Chris Baillie » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:46 pm

I leave Aberdeen for Grandtully on Saturday morning, 12th April, probably before the postal delivery and I will be at Grandtully until after the race. Please do not post any more mail to Aberdeen. Contact me by e mail chrisbaillie62@gmail.com or I will be around the Tully hut most days.

I have had some paddlers withdraw and I am slowly taking people off the waiting list.

CeeBee

Post by CeeBee » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:04 pm

I am loving the updates! Really good to see that the race will be busy - it will make for an exciting race.

On the down side, it is shame that all those that want to race cannot race but there is no way round this as there is not enough water time. (On the plus side, It should encourage people to consider entering earlier to make sure they get an entry which will make getting a start list ready and published easier).

Thanks to Chris for not only taking all the entries for this event but the mustering of anyone and everyone she meets into helping out in any way to run the event. Her dedication, commitment and enthusiasm are enviable and would be admired in an employee let alone a volunteer who regularly gives up many many hours for the benefit of the sport.

boatmum

Post by boatmum » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:18 pm

I'd second that - well done Chris and thank you!

CeeBee

Post by CeeBee » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:36 pm

Hoping the comments will go to her head and that she will run the race next year too...... :D :lol:

PeterC

Post by PeterC » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:10 am

Now that would be good CB but can't see it. We don't run out of water but rather daylight!!!

bankside

Post by bankside » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:07 am

I'll second that - well done Chris and thank you!

Chris Baillie

Post by Chris Baillie » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:14 am

Many thanks to the dozens of volunteers who made the epic div1/2 event at Grandtully this weekend work.

It is so difficult to list everyone I should thank, but in particular I would like to thank Irene and the timing team, section judges, jury, safety, course team, the catering team and home nation team managers.

Irene deserves a particular mention, not only was she in control for for almost the entirety of each racing day but she was also still down there at 10pm Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings ensuring that everything was set to go by the crack of dawn on Saturday and Sunday and last night trying to get the results with points available as soon as possible. Not as easy as normal due to Pan Celtic paddlers, paddles up and scottish selection.

Looking forward I would recommend that you aim to get entries to the organisers of events well in advance of the closing date. Had the days been longer I could have filled over another hour of racing with paddlers remaining on the waiting list for Saturday although no one who still wished to race did not do so on Sunday.

Thank you all.

Chris

davieq

Post by davieq » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:50 am

I think everyone owes the organisers I huge thanks. The event ran really smoothly (from a competitors view anyway). I arrived quite late on Saturday morning and with the event being full was expecting parking chaos, but no, the parking was easy, and FREE (take note August Tully where we are shoe horned in with barely enough room to open our doors and charged £4 per day for the privelage !!). Any views on Saturdays course design??? I have been racing at Grandtully for many years and was a bit disappointed by the lack of use of the water features that make Grandtully probably one of the best slalom courses in the country. Too many gates in apparently straight lines or was it just my imagination?? Anyway thanks Chris and co for a great event. Same again next year please :D

boatmum

Post by boatmum » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:27 pm

Huge thanks to those folks who served on the Jury on Saturday and Sunday - it is a lot if running around :-D

Special thanks to Chris for a well organised event and to the Pan Celtic managers - for all their work and input before, during and after the race.

L

SilverSurfer

Post by SilverSurfer » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:00 am

Great event and very well organised, and the sun was out all weekend. Well done Chris and all those who helped run the event, lovely catering and perfect parking. Best parking at Tully ever.

Only one gripe, the course design on Saturday! Given the perfect water levels, it was crying out for a good course, two many straight lines, didn't use the features Tully is known for and a C1 lefty bias.