Howsham Weir

Discuss past and future events
djberriman

Howsham Weir

Post by djberriman » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:37 am

Everything is looking good for Howsham.

Please get your entries in asap so we can ensure we have enough catering/toilets etc.

As well as all the usual fun we will be running a Wavehopper race after the slalom on Saturday!

djberriman

Re: Howsham Weir

Post by djberriman » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:49 am

Please note we are changing the start list a bit this year, Vets will be in the middle before C2 (allowing paddlers to get back for their C2 runs) and more importantly all of Div 4 including practice will be around lunch time so even late entries can get a practice, followed by run 1 and then run 2.

djberriman

Post by djberriman » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:17 am

Please get your entries (inc div 4) in asap so we can ensure we have the correct numbers for toilets and catering.

If you are happy to shoot the weir but are new to slalom please enter the open. Based on your result on the Saturday I can then put you in Div 3 or Div 2 on the Sunday via direct entry.

djberriman

Post by djberriman » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:02 pm

So 'guests' can't enter open online as the system doesn't support it. You will need to email me your details and I'll put them on the system and you can pay on the day. Name, Year of Birth, Club, C1/K1, Sat/Sun/Both, BC Membership No

djberriman

Post by djberriman » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:14 am

So this morning I am getting things ready to take to Howsham tonight.

My priority just now is printing signs asking people not to use the toilets as rubbish bin after we got a £60 fine last year as the toilets were full of bottles and other rubbish.

I won't share my thoughts and emotions at the time but they were not good.

Please can I ask that everyone ensures they take their rubbish home (inc your gas canisters whoever left it) and leaves the site pristine. As well as affecting our reputation and the reputation of paddlers as a whole it puts the event at risk as it affects our ability to get toilets and be allowed access to the farm land used for the camp site.

If you see anyone littering in any way please challenge them and/or report them to control.

We shouldn't have to do this but it seems a small minority don't understand the effect their thoughtless (hopefully not malicious) actions have.