GRANDTULLY DIV 1 28/29 AUGUST 2021

Discuss past and future events
JBS

Re: GRANDTULLY DIV 1 28/29 AUGUST 2021

Post by JBS » Fri May 28, 2021 9:27 am

Probably worth finding out why the club are not running the race now and then who (if anyone) is still willing to help from the original organising group.

Kelso

Post by Kelso » Fri May 28, 2021 7:29 pm

Hello All

I have had a quick check back on this thread today.
I am very sorry that my club has had to disappoint you by cancelling our DIv1 event at Grandtully over the August Bank Holiday.
And I note all your ideas and plans contributing to the idea of running something anyway.

I also wear another "hat" as a Director of the SCA, and one of my responsibilities is the Grandtully Campsite.

I need to advise you that a lot has changed at the campsite in the last few weeks, and we have formalised the facilities which the campsite can make available. We can no longer continue with the chaotic overcrowding which we have tolerated for several years.
I have sent a comprehensive letter to the Grandtully event organisers whose name appear on the calendar.
If you are considering running an event at Grandtully, you should ask me for a copy so that you can study it before making any decision.
In particular...
The campsite can only accomodate
- 24 caravans. motorhomes
- 40 tent pitches of normal size, with one car. This will take up all parking on the site right to the front gate.
NO EXTRA CARS...
Any trailer /minibus rigs require to contact the campsite in advance so that arrangements can be made.
The facilities building is only available for clients of the campsite.
The outside toilets will be shut at night.
An event organiser will need to make provision for
- parking * (not in the village)
- toilets *
And have the event plan approved by the SCA as usual.
* The SCA CEO should be the only intermediary in any discussion with local landowner concerning the above.

Kelso Riddell

JimW

Post by JimW » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:37 am

Following discussions within the club, and with other clubs, Pinkston Panthers are applying to take this race on.

Watch the usual places for information going up, my understanding is that it will be notified above the calendar for 2 weeks to allow any objections from clashing events to be received, and after that if approved, will move onto the calendar.

We are starting from scratch and will be delegating the organisation around the club more than usual because I won't have time to do as much as normal, so please be patient watching for information to go up as we work out how we will deal with things.

Any offers to assist in any way will be very welcome (once we publish a contact email). The item that is usually hardest to find volunteers for at Tully is safety cover so I would urge all paddling parents/coaches planning to attend to consider bringing a spare/old/PE boat and offering to do an hour of safety if you feel competent to help with that. I'm sure the organisers of the preceeding 2 weekends would appreciate the same.

We look forward to seeing some of you there.