Washburn Div 1 and Div 2 - Call for Volunteers

Discuss past and future events
djberriman

Washburn Div 1 and Div 2 - Call for Volunteers

Post by djberriman » Tue May 11, 2021 11:24 am

Hi,

We are hoping to run the Washburn Div 2 and Div 1.

We need to resource these events with volunteers and this needs to be organised and confirmed in advance to enable the events to go ahead if all other restrictions are favourable. We will not be able to make it up as we go along on the day as we usually do!

If you are willing to volunteer your time please email me at washburn@berrimans.co.uk detailing what you would be willing to do and any others you can work with in a bubble such as taking turns to do judging/start/finish/control etc. Please give me some indication of where you live as I'd prefer to use local volunteers in the first instance.

Please do not reply to this message to volunteer or use sms/phone calls/facebook/other means of communication. I'm trying to keep everything in one place and it makes it easy to communicate with everyone as and when needed. email me at washburn@berrimans.co.uk

Thanks in advance.
Duncan

djberriman

Re: Washburn Div 1 and Div 2 - Call for Volunteers

Post by djberriman » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:38 pm

Unfortunately, today’s government announcement that the current covid restrictions will remain in place until 19th July means that we are cancelling the Washburn Div 2 on 26/27 June, and also means that we won’t be able to run the Div 1 event

We were planning on the basis that the event would go ahead if Step 4 of the roadmap happened as planned. We have discussed the additional measures that would be needed to run this event under the current restrictions but do not believe it is viable to run an event with the additional measures / restriction required.

We know this will be disappointing for everyone that was looking forward to getting racing going again. We’ve put a lot of work in to plan and prepare to run a covid secure event, so we are equally disappointed and frustrated. But we’d like to say a big thank you to everyone who had already volunteer to help at the event.

It is worth pointing out that with Yorkshire Water doing safety work on the lower dam, I was expecting to hear that there would be no water release for the Div 2 event and it was not looking promising for the Div 1 weekend water releases.

Fingers crossed that we can run our September Washburn event, and that other races can get going soon.