Pinkston Div 2/3 29/30 April

Discuss past and future events
JimW

Pinkston Div 2/3 29/30 April

Post by JimW » Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:32 pm

We still have plenty of spaces left for entries in Pinkston slalom next weekend.

If you have never been before and are nervous about your first time on the artificial course, check out the amount of practise time we have scheduled ahead of the races. All ranked paddlers are welcome to join in the appropriate practise sessions before making a final decision whether or not to enter (it would be good to let us know you are coming), we are not charging late fees in order to encourage people to do this if they need to.

Unfortunately we have run out of space for motorhomes to stay on site now, but have not had a single enquiry for tent camping.

If you want to camp in a tent, you need to get in touch Wednesday evening at the latest, because if we have had no interest, I will need to tell the centre not to rota an extra member of staff for the tent area. Do not just turn up expecting to be able to camp - no bookings means we will have to give up the facility completely for this event.

Pinkston Panthers

JimW

Re: Pinkston Div 2/3 29/30 April

Post by JimW » Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:47 pm

Most of the Scottish paddlers know I've been out of action with a trapped nerve for a while, so I haven't managed to repeat last years effort of taking lots of photos of the centre and course for those who haven't been before.

I do however still have a link to all of last years photos on facebook, not much has changed, I think there is another container, and the camping area just looks like wild scrub land in the photos. Just remember, any discussion is last years and may not be relevant for this years event.
https://www.facebook.com/events/9477775 ... discussion

JimW

Re: Pinkston Div 2/3 29/30 April

Post by JimW » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:52 am

Late Change - warm up over the weekend will be on the canal, not on pitch 2 as stated in the event info document. This does cause extra boat-carry traffic past the spectator area so we ask that paddlers and spectators look out for each other (maybe don't crowd the pinch points). If you swim in warm up, swim to the launch point to climb out.