K1 for Large Old Newbie

Stuff wanted
Harry.Fettes

K1 for Large Old Newbie

Post by Harry.Fettes » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:08 pm

Help I'm being sucked into slalom by my 6 year old prodigy, if I'm driving I'm paddling:-)

I ran Alva on Saturday in a Pyranha river boat then on the Sunday in a Cox XL. I had much more fun on the Sunday so I'm now looking for a entry level second hand K1 but I'm a bit heavy for the Cox. I'm looking for something that will accomodate my 95kg. I'm advised an old 4m boat may be easier to find and would be fine for now.

I'm based in Aberdeen but will be at Fairnilee this weekend and can be contacted on 07785324342.

Harry

John Sturgess

Re: K1 for Large Old Newbie

Post by John Sturgess » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:17 am

I have a 4-metre boat in as new condition - supports 13.5 stone comfortably, whatever that is in Kilos - free to a good home

Problem: I will not be at Fairnilee: Washburn Div 1 is my next destination; but in any case, having been out with injury for 4 years, I do not have a roof-rack for my present vehicle.

I live in Long Preston, just N of Skipton - about 2.5 hours from Fairnilee (75 mins south of Carlisle, M6 most of the way)

Seedy Paddler

Re: K1 for Large Old Newbie

Post by Seedy Paddler » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:03 am

Harry

The Club Cox is designd for >80kg paddler, I am circa 100kg and it is the same design as mine. Slalom boats are designed to have lower tails that cut through water during turns, it does lead to stability issues until you can master the boat. However we can work on that at Seaton and other slalom sessions during the course of the year.

John 13 1/2 stone equates to 86kgs which is in the same bracket. If Harry does want to look at the boat I am sure it could wait for the August Fairnilee/Tully slaloms (they are the next Scottish slaloms after this weekend) that you are more likely to attend and I can introduce you.

Harry - Cool Blue will be at Fairnilee this weekend and they have a large size boat designed for circa 90kgs. Again I can introduce you to Dave Radmore and he may have the demo with him. I can email him and ask him to take it and you can see if there is any difference. Not that I expect you to order a brand new competition boat for what is (at present) a bit of fun.

Regards

CD