prizzes won - better than slalom

Place to chat about stuff OTHER than slalom
fison

Post by fison » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:48 pm

Well hi people
Its Fison
yes if you remember me which i am sure you can still hhave my pink boat but not been in it much. play lots of golf and have started to compete in comps and so far has won £70 and a set of golf balls in 3 months. yes mite not sound much but the value for money ie i pay £8 to enter competition which last 3+ hours, yes i have to practice in the week but with membership its reall cheap. Yes my heart lies in slalom but comprteing at the highest level and raceing for what 5 minutes on the water can you see why ihave gone over to golf for now, any comments about the prizes etc 3 months £70 and a set of balls and no hassel from any body like judges , jury, fellow competitiors, water levels, wind, need i go on any way see yous soon xxxxxxx :p
lets get it on

Ray

Post by Ray » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:36 am

You obviously miss slalom considerably!

Arithemetic:
Slalom comps last around 6 hours
You get far more paddle strokes than you will get golf strokes

Weather and fellow competitors - just wait!
Golf rules - they too will bite you if you transgress

Dee

Post by Dee » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:07 pm

I know of someone disqualified from a golf competition just for forgetting to sign the score card. I don't play golf but believe this is not unusual.

Forget to sign your card in slalom and the worse that's likely to happen is that you are called to control to sign it!
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

davebrads

Post by davebrads » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:32 pm

Are you that old already?

ps. old age is defined as when you give up proper sports to play golf. :laugh:

I'm not planning to ever get old

fison

Post by fison » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:28 pm

Well old age yes but it has not kicked in just yet and yes the other day got soaking wet for 4 hours on golf course and in canoeing was about the time your run took place. Prizze well i wonder if there is any way of getting better ones i know clubs do very well in what they provide and have had some lovley trophys over the years. could there be say a fund from the bcu to offer prizzes and it would not have to come out of the entry fees etc and could no body be approached to sponser our wonderfull canoeing. As i said early on i have won £50 and through to next round for even more money to be won now that sounds nice
ps just starting a debate so no nasty comments please :D :D :D
lets get it on