!! BEST EVENT EVER !! - no ones talking so......

Oh dear... enter at your own risk!
Jimi3000

Post by Jimi3000 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:27 pm

I like me house... we got sheppy... sheppy is the best ever. trust you dont know we gotta get some mugfords to back me up

SarahC

Post by SarahC » Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:29 pm

lol ok sheppy is fun but there are too many boils for my liking!
xXx Sarah xXx

SarahC

Post by SarahC » Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:59 pm

yay another good one is town falls, true the weather is usually terrible but wen da water is low it's great fun launching off the slab on the way down and all the random general public stand and stare which is funny cos theyb are all amazed lol :laugh:
xXx Sarah xXx

Jimi3000

Post by Jimi3000 » Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:36 pm

Hmmm dunno bout amazed.......

town falls is a goodun....

OK this is what the poll will be then.. BEST SITE !!! ooooh it'll be such fun.

i say it between tully, town falls, tryweryn, nottsy and sheppy....

although not really sheppy for goodness just cos its cool... we have parrots...

?? Anywhere i missed ??

Vicky

Post by Vicky » Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:11 am

No contest, tryweryn wins no problem! I'm not just saying that because its in Wales ( bit of bias there) but its got so many different sites-you can't lose! It's a bit rocky here and there but scratches add character to new boats :p
Imagine a huge slalom on all the sites, not a flat out race, just a long jolly for a slalom. would be quite amusing! =o)

Jimi3000

Post by Jimi3000 » Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:12 pm

There so is a contest and tryweryn so doesnt win it... it is nothing like as good as nottingham. methinks that it is ok at tryweryn but its just so shallow and its bigger at nottsy and better formed and you dont have to pay as much and theres always cool people there and in tryweryn its not as good

cookie_monster

Post by cookie_monster » Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:49 pm

wot a load of rubbish :p !! Tryweryn is sooooooooo better than hpp, i mean notts is good but for starters i dont get ill after a training weekend at tryweryn. Also like vick sed, there r loads of sites at tryweryn and the raft guides and centre staff nice and its not windy like hpp and its a natural river. All the water at notts does stupid stuff and the eddys go round in circles and make you dizzy. Oh yeah and when you put your hands on the bank at notts there are manky maggot things in the slime, YUCK!

Jimi3000

Post by Jimi3000 » Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:37 am

thats such a girly excuese
"ooooh it makes me ill and there is slime and i dont like it..."

that just sounds pathetic...

nottingham is so much better. so what if it makes you ill you just get a day or two off school,
which is better than going to trywern and driving for like 6 hours to get home and then getting home.
then having to wake up to early the next morning cos your NOT ill cos the water is too clean there....

and nottinhams eddys are not that bad.... and boils are fun... and tryweryn is just generally not as good.

methinks

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:07 pm

Methinks the odd scot might make comments about 'driving for 6 hours' :angry: that is a short drive for most of them! Suprise there are not many scots at the Llandysul Div1 - would you drive from Inverness to Dysul?

Bringing prejudice/stereotype to the fore, (and putting on flame proof clothing):
:( The good OLD sites are just not running any more, so Lune, Linton, Marsh, BALA MILL all have to be excluded shame!!
:-( Wales is out - it always seems to rain there
:-( Notts is out - it always blowing a gale
:-( Scotland is out - have you SEEN the size of the insects
:-( Ditto North of England
:-( Thames weirs are out - too many boils to be good
:-( The rest of the South East/South is too inconsistent to be the best
:-( Sites in the Southwest may be fun, but are too far from almost everyone to be counted as the best
:-( The West Midlands cause too many people to have trouble with the M5/M6 junction (and I am too mean to pay for the M6 toll)

So what does that leave?

:D Oh yes!! PETERBOROUGH, Jewel of the east, year round water, camping by the weir, brilliant organisers (I would say that) and the next event is on July 24. Come and see what you are missing. :cool:
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

SarahC

Post by SarahC » Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:10 pm

about the tryweryn and nottsy contest i like both :D they both have their bad parts (eg nottsy has boils which are anoying and it makes you ill and tryweryn has rocks which means that a swim there will be much more painful!) but both sites also hav positive sides to them! if you're all really that bothered though we could start up a poll.....
xXx Sarah xXx

cookie_monster

Post by cookie_monster » Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:35 pm

Yeah well its true, nottingham is all manky, i dont care if i sound girly. I think id rather go to school than spend days throwing up, school is bad but at least its bearable. Anyways ive finnished school FOREVER now, YAY!!! And as for driving for 6 hours to tryweryn, not my problem it only takes me 45 mins.

Jimi3000

Post by Jimi3000 » Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:41 pm

ha ha well i'd rather be vomiting

jokes

i dunno i prefer nottsy sup to you tho

woooo i got no school either, not school school...
and i got economics tomoro which'll be a laugh... in a non kind of way....
grrr economics isnt fun

Mr Fifty

Post by Mr Fifty » Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:25 am

My best event i ever went to was Wychnor Bridge in 96 Cleaned up on prizes 1st div4 C1, 2nd team, 3rd div4 k1
Plenty of alcohol on Sat night by the camp fire i remember i got through a crate of Steel beer the stuff in the blue bottles that was loopy juice.
Sunshine, hangover from ####, Euro96 on the radio, Happy days!

Seedy Paddler

Post by Seedy Paddler » Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:40 pm

Glad to see Cairnton getting a mention, albeit my recollections (as Organiser) are not quite so rosy. Got a phone call on the saturday evening to return to the site, unpitch and recover as much of the cook tent etc as practical in rising waters. Then spent the night in the control caravan watching the water lap around a marker stick to define if river was still rising.

Spent the next week taking down the course and recovering slalom poles, bearers and TUTTI cables from the river.

Best slaloms - has to include:
Awe Slalom - a div 2/3, but especially good when they had top release on the Saturday night and we got full bore WW from top to bottom.

Netherton Bridge - again a Div 2/3, still remember the Irish lad who won the Pre-Worlds then came to UK to get ranked for extra practise on Trywerynn for the worlds. Moved from slalom to get up the divisions (the BCU wouldn't rank him!). Turned up at Netherton Bridge as new Div 2 promotee and was lying last after a swim over the main fall. Modern short plastic river boaters struggle to accept we used to run slaloms on this site with big fibre glass boats (including end cockpit C2s).

Jimi3000

Post by Jimi3000 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:21 pm

no one is talking. come on jus say summit you lot......

anything.... i mean you might as well, whats the point in a forum if no one wants to talk..... jus say summit we dont care if its boring......

please