Wristbands

Oh dear... enter at your own risk!
Mr Fifty

Post by Mr Fifty » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:25 pm

I have noticed that some of the younger paddlers are sporting some of those plastic wristbands, you know the ones that are worn by Bono et all that say things like: Be Nice to Mr Foxy Woxey: Hug a Tree: George Bush is a Nasty Man: and Poverty isnt very nice:
Well ive come up with my own range,
Go Hunting: Burn Petrol: Iran your next: and my favourite Get a Job:
I rekon they will sell like hot cakes at this years Glastonbury festival. Dont you?

mole

Post by mole » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:55 pm

ye they would be mint!
moly boy who cant spel

Mr Fifty

Post by Mr Fifty » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:15 pm

I have done a bit of market research into my new product and found out that Glastonbury is no longer attended by Brown Trousered Brown rice eating Gaurdian readers.
Now its your Forty something Daily Mail, Daily Torygraph readers and members of the Hang em Flog em Send em back Brigade. I worry my products are not "right on" enough and fear i might get lynched for being a lefty.
Ho Hum back to the drawing board.

newideas

Post by newideas » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:13 pm

I think you should make wristbands with "support the rivers access campaign" on them, and sell them at all canoeing events to promote awareness of the access situation

Mr Fifty

Post by Mr Fifty » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:04 pm

Nice One. I shall knock a load up and see how well they go down at my local angling clubs dinner dance.
What odds will i get on getting out of there without getting a good kicking.

Seedy Paddler

Post by Seedy Paddler » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:20 pm

:D

Perhaps you should get a tee shirt to go with the bands before you enter into social intercourse with the angling fraternity.....

Not a Crime !

:cool:

Mr Fifty

Post by Mr Fifty » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:03 pm

mmm interesting. Intercourse with an angler eh. I have been tempted in the past to "Insert my paddle" into some of the more friendly anglers i have encountered on my travels and say to them in the style of Ken Dodd "Hows that for a Carbon Shaft" especially after being, Verbally abused, spat at, or had missiles ranging from maggots to rocks thrown at me (an idea for a new thread, whats been hurled at you)
But engage in social intercourse with them. I say to them in the style of Ian Paisley NEVER NEVER NEVER!

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:41 am

Would that be the Ian Paisley now in government with Sinn Féin? :D
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

jon lords hammond

Post by jon lords hammond » Tue May 01, 2007 1:09 am

Hey this is the best piece of nonsense I've seen on the muppet show for a very long time, stupidity and politics, always a hilarious combination, in fact it's hard to tell which are the real comedians these days, is throwing bricks at people not illegal in Englandshire? if not, it should be. As for "intercourse" with anglers I quite fancy a bit of intercourse with with that young lady whos daddy has loads of money, sits in the House of Lords, has spent a lifetime defrauding the inland revenue of millions while always rating on about the poor milking the social and keeps trying to stop us paddling on the lower Tay. I'm sure I could do wonders for relations between canoeists and anglers with that one and as for Paisley, is he still the world shouting champion? I see he, like his opposite, Gerry, is now also a "man of peace" or has he at the age of 81 came to realise on one of lifes ultimate truths, that history is usually kinder to men who bring about peace than those who perpetuate war. In the words of the greatest poet of our time, and no I dont mean that snivelling pathetic zimmerman guy from Minnesota, but Lemmy from Motorhead, "If you were in the movies who would you be, if you were tried for murder what would you say, and if you were out for lunch what would you eat, we want to know the answers, what do you have up your sleave"

Denim shirts, dark glasses and platform shoes forever :angry:

And dont forget the Joker!

Mr Fifty

Post by Mr Fifty » Thu May 03, 2007 4:20 pm

That Guy you refer to whos in the House of Lords.
Is he a Merchant Banker?

jon lords hammond

Post by jon lords hammond » Fri May 04, 2007 1:31 am

No, He's a cousin of her majesty the queen, and I dont know if he actually has a daughter but if he does I would love to meet her so we could discuss some "Access Issues" and show her what a noise a hammond B3 organ can really make, anyway Mr Fifty why didnt you nomiate yourself for the paddler rep or whatever the name is they give to the position that Etienne Stott occupies, I'm sure you would be a beacon of sanity in sea of madness

Harpo Marx was the best dressed man of the twentieth century