England Web Page Design

The place to discuss slalom development issues specific to England
Mark Shaw

Post by Mark Shaw » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:13 pm

English slalom is set to get its own web page but I need someone to help design and create it. I can supply all the material that needs to be posted but I lack the design flair to make it look exciting as opposed to functional.

Are there any volunteers out there with some web page design skills?

Mark
The above is the personal opinion of Mark Shaw and does not reflect the views of either the BCU or England Slalom Committees.

Geebs

Post by Geebs » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:06 am

Hi Mark

I am not a professional web page designer, but I have worked with several websites over the years and have some knowledge of how they work and what to expect from them.

It all comes down to the package of what you want to achieve and how it is to be presented, if the host server will accept certain software etc.

Would be happy to have a go if no other volunteers are forth coming?

Cheers

Graeme
Paddle fast,,,Paddle safe Yorkshire Canoe Coaching

Mark Shaw

Post by Mark Shaw » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:45 am

Hi Graeme, I'm not too worried about the package to be used as they all produce similar sort of code in a round about way.

I'm more interested in ideas on presentation right now, hence why I was after someone with design flair.

If this is your thing then I'll send you a draft powerpoint I have put together for you to play with.

Anyone else fancy a challenge? We could run it as a competition.
The above is the personal opinion of Mark Shaw and does not reflect the views of either the BCU or England Slalom Committees.

MikeH

Post by MikeH » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:37 pm

Mark Shaw wrote:Hi Graeme, I'm not too worried about the package to be used as they all produce similar sort of code in a round about way.

I'm more interested in ideas on presentation right now, hence why I was after someone with design flair.

If this is your thing then I'll send you a draft powerpoint I have put together for you to play with.

Anyone else fancy a challenge? We could run it as a competition.
I'm a professional software developer with plenty of web/internet skills-particularly database integration. I have several colleagues I use for the design - my artistic flair is somewhat lacking. I also sell/lease webspace. So, if there is anything I can do to help...