Entry level slalom. A slow motion train crash?

The place to discuss slalom development issues specific to England
Dee

Re: Entry level slalom. A slow motion train crash?

Post by Dee » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:39 pm

CP:
I have applied for Sat 1st June (downside is clashes with Tryweryn div 1, but up side is that I'm available :) and the div 3/4 at Shepperton is 3 weeks later, so of course I'm hoping that we'll get some cross-over ). However, I didn't apply until after deadlines :oops: . To be fair, I didn't even think of it until after the deadline as it was really a response to comments on here bemoaning the lack of lower division events. Jim did say that the main thing was to apply before ACM, which I have done, so I'm hoping that we can get it in the year book.

Flipper:
I believe that Sheppy has requested that we move the autumn div 3/4 a bit later and then run as a 2/3 instead. (I think the plan is that this would give the opportunity to bring Yalding forward to the original Sheppy weekend which improves chance of better weather for that div 3/4). However this was all discussed very late on, again in response to requests for a div 2 further South, so it will be a question of whether we are allowed to move things around at this late stage.

The water levels at Sheppy are usually(!) low for the summer 3/4 and wouldn't really be suitable for a 2/3

It does all get fairly complex as the Shepperton equipment (and the technical Guru (Dave Waine)) gets used for Yalding so this has to be taken into consideration; even Dave doesn't want to be setting up kit two weekends in a row (Can't think why :lol: )

Help for Windsor:
I suspect that you (CP) will be Tryweryn? but anyone that can come and help will be welcomed
I will of course be borrowing Sheppy equipment for Windsor and they also have some kit (not sure if we have any club Canadians?). I think I am mainly going to need bodies (and competitors) as I'm hoping that we can manage without any significant comms set up and just use runners as, from memory, it is a fairly compact site. I believe for a div 4, we can just use stop watches (but don't know whether I still need back up timing) but will need to have this confirmed (or otherwise). I'm planning on going over to Windsor in January to check out how we can hang gates etc to refresh my memory.
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!