Symonds Yat

Discuss past and future events
Alison

Symonds Yat

Post by Alison » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:12 pm

Just in case people read here rather than the event info. Car parking has gone up this year and it's now £6 a day. Your launch fee for Saturday and Sunday is still included in your entry fee though so no need to pay that unless you are paddling on the Friday.

River levels are currently very low though are expected to rise over the weekend.

Don't forget your wet weather gear!

Alison

Alison

Re: Symonds Yat

Post by Alison » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:23 pm

Just to confirm the event is still going ahead. The weather warnings don't quite make it as far as us.

We are however still looking for judges and jury members.

Thanks

Alison

Alison

Post by Alison » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:31 pm

For those who didn't stay till prize giving. We have said the decision about tomorrow's racing will be made at 8am and published here.

Please do not turn up before 8am and if racing is happening nobody is to be on the water before 9am as a new course will need to be set.

Everyone was fantastic running with the changes to the programme today in order to ensure second runs happened for all. Hopefully we can give you another day of racing tomorrow.

Dee

Post by Dee » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:18 pm

Well done. Nothing like the British climate when it come to throwing a Spanner in the works.
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

Alison

Post by Alison » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:57 pm

Symonds Yat is now cancelled!

EA are predicting the river to not peak at Ross on Wye until Sunday afternoon and the access road is at risk of flooding.

Back off to rescue Tutti lines and poles now.

Sorry!

andy n

Post by andy n » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:43 pm

Big thanks Alison and all the team from Cheltenham CC for pulling out all the stops to get us through a great day of racing on Saturday before the river went up (and up and up ….). It's not been a good year weather wise for races at Symonds Yat, hope 2019 smiles on you more favourably.

oldandslow

Post by oldandslow » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:56 pm

Here, here Andy! (Again you have said what I was just about to say!)
Thanks again Alison and your team.
Life is what happens when you're making other plans.