Annual Consultative Meeting

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Canadian Paddler

Annual Consultative Meeting

Post by Canadian Paddler » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:46 am

Yes folks it's that time again. Once again I am calling for any club based motions for the ACM.

Is there something bothering you? Something we could do better? or have you found an error in the yearbook? If so get your motions to the Secrtary of the Slalom Committee ([url]mailto:slalom.secretary@britishcanoeing.org.uk[/url] before 25th October so they can be on the Agenda

:D
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

JBS

Re: Annual Consultative Meeting

Post by JBS » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:52 pm

The following is proposed by Proteus CC:
We have a very inactive and dysfunctional Vets section and as such we have discussed extensively and honed the following proposal. Do we have a club to second this:

Vets a fairer ranking system;
Lets face it the lower age limit for Vets means some are only just out of short trousers, whilst at the upper end some are well into dribbling porridge down their vest every morning.
We think we need some sort of handicap system so;
If you have ever paddled as an international you have +0.5 of a second added to your time for ever year you competed at international, likewise +0.4 for every year in Prem, +0.3 for every year in div 1 and +0.2 for every year in div 2.
You can have time taken off your total. If you turn up at start missing some of your equpment, so on a sliding scale;
-0.2 of a second for forgetting your bib, -0,3 for your helmet, -0.5 for your BA, -1 for your paddles and -2 for your boat . This is trumped by getting to the start and then getting off and going back to the carpark because you have forgotten why you went to the start in the first place, this is worth -10 seconds.
You can earn -20 seconds by turning up to an event on the wrong weekend, although we are open to ideas on how we could police this.

WindsorCC

Post by WindsorCC » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:02 pm

I would certainly agree we have inactive and dysfunctional Vets....

Steve Holmes

Post by Steve Holmes » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:32 pm

Joel, you were already 20 seconds clear of the div 2 men at Symonds Yat, you’re just being greedy now!

Dee

Post by Dee » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:00 pm

I really hope I'm right in taking this as a joke and not a serious request from a senile vet (potentially possible given some of the whacky ideas that have been floated in the past) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

JimW

Post by JimW » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:53 am

I'm afraid we can't second it because we will most likely forget to turn up at the ACM as usual...

I don't see a time allowance for stopping for a comfort break in the middle of a run? (event organisers to provide portable toilets mid way down every course)

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:44 am

As the ACM gets closer, in order to vote, your club must be registered with the slalom committee. This can be done via the link (oh so memorable) [link]https://forms.gle/tNrpeaXuiSSdtTnc9[/link]

If you want to put in a motion it needs to be submitted to the secretary ([link]mailto:slalom.secretary@BritishCanoeing.org.uk[/link]. The motion needs to be 'signed' by two individuals who are members of BC/SCA/WC/CANI and represent the views of the committee of a registered club. (emails are accepted)

Motions MUST be received properly by the closing date - 25th October
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.

djberriman

Post by djberriman » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:44 pm

Eeek do I really have to provide details of who paddled in 2016?

Names, Division, Category, Bib Numbers of three ranked competitors ranked in Divisions 3,2,1 or Premier, who have competed only for your club in the 2016 season

Steve Holmes

Post by Steve Holmes » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:51 pm

Duncan, Dave, Hannah, Jack?

JimW

Post by JimW » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:22 am

djberriman wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:44 pm
Eeek do I really have to provide details of who paddled in 2016?

Names, Division, Category, Bib Numbers of three ranked competitors ranked in Divisions 3,2,1 or Premier, who have competed only for your club in the 2016 season
Could be a clerical error, maybe it was meant to read 1916 season? :D

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:55 pm

That's what happens when you reuse a form when you are away and forgot to proof read properly.
I will correct it shortly.

Sorry :oops:

djberriman

Post by djberriman » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:13 am

Easily done, I knew you wanted this years, a lot less hassle to do it online, so thanks!